I have fantastic news: Anita from Discovering Your Happiness nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you so much, Anita!
Discovering Your Happiness is one of my favorite blogs. Anita has a knack for writing exactly what I need to hear. If you need encouragement in your life, take a look at her blog!
Anyways, here are the rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions asked.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and include the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
Here are my questions:
- Are you a chocolate lover?
Absolutely! Dark chocolate is my favorite!
- Where was the last place you travelled?
Waco, Texas. My family and I took a day trip there over spring break (yes, we went to the Magnolia House =D)
- What is one of your biggest fears?
Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve been terrified of fire. I’m much better now, but I’m still very uncomfortable around fire.
- What is one of your biggest accomplishments?
My biggest accomplishment is my Girl Scout Gold Award, which I got my senior year of High School. In order to get this award, I had to spend at least 100 hours on a service project. I wrote a book for general education teachers about how to accommodate students with disabilities in their classrooms. It took me over a year to complete, and it’s easily one of my biggest accomplishments.
- Are you happy where you are right now?
For the most part, I’m happy where I am right now. My anxiety has been the lowest it’s ever been since being diagnosed with my anxiety disorder. I’m a full-time college student studying English, I have an amazing group of friends, and I have the time and energy to do fun things, like hanging out with my friends and blogging.
- What is your favourite movie of all time?
Hidden Figures. It’s easily one of my favorites!
- How long have you been on wordpress?
Since December 20th, 2017.
- What is the meaning behind your blog name?
The name of my blog, “Anxiety Free World,” is very special to me. When I was first diagnosed with my anxiety disorder, I felt very alone. I didn’t know anyone who was struggling with the things I was struggling with. I didn’t know how to cope, and I didn’t know how my life was going to change. It was a scary time, and I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. Along the way, I’ve had many people help me heal, and I met people who had successfully managed their anxiety disorders. They graciously shared their tips and tricks with me, listened to me vent, and provided the empathy and support that I desperately needed. It’s been my dream to pay this support forward; I want to create an “Anxiety Free World”.
- If there is one food you could eat forever, what would it be?
That’s a tough one. I would say seafood. I love pan-seared salmon, especially with a compound butter… it’s so good!
- What do your weekends consist of?
Studying, studying, and more studying. Because I’m an English Major, I have a lot of reading, especially on the weekends. I typically have anywhere from 100-150 pages of reading a week. Lately, though, I’ve had as many as 200 pages a week.
- What is one of your April goals?
One of my goals is to finish my semester strongly. Right now, I have straight A’s, and I’d like to end the semester that way.
Now, here are my nominations:
- Mind Over Mood
- Laketra BFF
- Midsummer Daydreamer
- Avionne’s Legacy
- Anxiety Warrior
- Just Naya
- In A Messy World
- My Unspoken Truth
- Be Your Own Light: A Mental Health Recovery Blog
- The Bipolar Writer
- Wading in Wisdom
Here are my 11 questions for my nominees:
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- What’s your favorite book/book series?
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- What’s your favorite memory?
- What is one dream you have for the future?
- Do you enjoy cooking?
- If you could do anything you wanted to without failing, what would you do?
- What’s the most interesting place you’ve been to?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- What do you like to do during vacations?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I can’t wait to see everyone’s responses!